Madelyn Joy is 1 month old!
It's hard to believe she's been with us for a month already! Her looks have changed so much in a month! We hear a lot that she looks like big sisters and I have to agree. I definitely see lots of similarities between them all. She has acquired several nicknames: Maddy, Maddycakes, Cakes, Cakers, Mads.
As with most little ones, she loves to be held. She, however, is usually content hanging out in her swing or boppy pillow as long as she can see or hear the commotion around her. She sleeps the majority of time we are out running errands, etc. When she is awake though, she prefers to be out of her carseat. I've been wearing her in my sling quite often when we go on walks, to the park, etc. and she seems to love it.
Her sisters are still smitten with her and Maddy tolerates the hugs, kisses, and the general roughness pretty well. She is pretty go with the flow and usually only gets upset when she's hungry or is getting her diaper changed. She's still only had a few baths, but seems as though she's starting to enjoy them.
She is still wearing newborn clothes and diapers. She's quickly growing out of her newborn sleepers and before long, we'll be breaking out her 0-3 month sleepers (and clothes!).
We don't really have any sort of eating or sleeping schedule. Maddy is nursing about every 2-3 hours during the day and sometimes stretches out her feedings to 3-4 hours at night (we have gotten a few 5 hour stretches at night). She is starting to take after big sis, Avery, as she spits up quite a bit. The doctor isn't concerned as it doesn't seem to hurt her as reflux would.
We had her 1 month appointment today and she did great. No shots today and the doc was especially pleased with her weight gain. Here are her stats:
Weight: 9 pounds 1 oz (48%)
Height: 20 inches (19%)
Head: 14 inches (20%)
And now for her monthly photo shoot. I can already tell these will be interesting as I have lots of helpers!
We had her 1 month appointment today and she did great. No shots today and the doc was especially pleased with her weight gain. Here are her stats:
Weight: 9 pounds 1 oz (48%)
Height: 20 inches (19%)
Head: 14 inches (20%)
And now for her monthly photo shoot. I can already tell these will be interesting as I have lots of helpers!
Happy 1 month birthday, sweet Madelyn!



No comments:
Post a Comment