Here are Maddy's 6 month stats from her well check visit today.
Height: 25 3/4 in (47%)
Weight: 15 lbs 4 oz (32%)
Head: 16 1/4 in (16%)
Overall, the doctor was pleased with Maddy's development and we discussed some of the sleeping and eating issues we've had lately. Maddy's stranger anxiety was in full force and she cried whenever the doctor and nurses examined or held her. She did get two shots and one oral vaccine. There were lots of tears, but she calmed down quickly when I held her.
It turns out, Maddy has an ear infection in her right ear. I felt horrible, but we knew that Maddy hadn't quite been herself the past few days. We were sure it was teeth as she hasn't had a fever or any other ear infection symptoms...other than waking some during the night (which has been normal for her). So she is now on her first antibiotic. She already takes after her big sisters and getting her to take medicine is a CHORE! She spits it back out at us so we are going to have to get creative to get her to take this twice a day for 10 days!
It seems like I have quite the track record for ear infections going unnoticed. I looked back on Avery's 6 month appointment post and we discovered then she had her first ear infection (also in her right ear)!
Overall, the doctor was pleased with Maddy's development and we discussed some of the sleeping and eating issues we've had lately. Maddy's stranger anxiety was in full force and she cried whenever the doctor and nurses examined or held her. She did get two shots and one oral vaccine. There were lots of tears, but she calmed down quickly when I held her.
It turns out, Maddy has an ear infection in her right ear. I felt horrible, but we knew that Maddy hadn't quite been herself the past few days. We were sure it was teeth as she hasn't had a fever or any other ear infection symptoms...other than waking some during the night (which has been normal for her). So she is now on her first antibiotic. She already takes after her big sisters and getting her to take medicine is a CHORE! She spits it back out at us so we are going to have to get creative to get her to take this twice a day for 10 days!
It seems like I have quite the track record for ear infections going unnoticed. I looked back on Avery's 6 month appointment post and we discovered then she had her first ear infection (also in her right ear)!



No comments:
Post a Comment