Avery and Madelyn had appointments today for their 3 year (Avery) and 1 year (Maddy) well checks. Originally I thought it was a great idea to schedule both together, up until our disaster of a dentist visit the day before. Kensley and Avery had cleanings scheduled for Monday and it did not go well. Avery threw the biggest tantrum I have ever seen her throw (kicking, screaming, thrashing, etc.). I honestly do not think she was scared about getting her teeth cleaned (this was her third visit), I think she just up and decided she did not WANT to do it. We are in a really tough stage with Aves right now where things have to happen on her own time (and essentially be her idea). So after dragging out one kid throwing a tantrum, one crying baby (who wanted to be held) and one happy 4 year old (Kens LOVES the dentist), I wasn't sure how our next day of appointments would pan out.
I am happy to report the well checks went well. We had a few tears, but we escaped without tantrums and everyone was happy. However, Avery did refuse to take off her clothes to be examined, so fortunately the doctor was able to work around that. Maddy got three shots, but recovered quickly. Again, the worst part for her was when I laid her on the table or the doctor/nurse got too close.
Avery's Stats:
Weight: 28.5 lbs (23%)
Height: 36 1/4 in (25%)
Maddy's Stats:
Weight: 20 lbs 2 oz (32%)
Height: 28 3/4 in (36%)
Head: 17.5 in (30%)
![]() |
| Happy girl! (as long as the doc and nurse stayed out of the room) |




No comments:
Post a Comment