The Roberts Family

The Roberts Family
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, July 13, 2015

Dear Madelyn: 2 Years Old...

 
Oh sweet Madelyn,

How are you already 2 years old?!  I feel like I blinked and you went from a tiny newborn to a 2 year old.  I still remember your birth and the weeks leading up to your birth like it was yesterday.  We still refer to you as "baby" in more of the nickname sense and I have a feeling we are going to have to drop that soon before you get a complex!

You are in such a FUN stage!  You are hilarious and LOVE to laugh!  You are a bundle of energy...running everywhere, laughing and singing loudly and making yourself be heard.  You are quite the ham in front of close family and friends.  You love to be the center of attention and love to make people laugh.  You have the funniest fake laugh and I hope I always remember it. 

You are still a pretty good eater.  You love to snack and are almost always the first one done at meals.  You have a sweet tooth and your favorite treat continues to be ice cream.

You continue to adore your sisters and depending on the day, it's a toss up as to who is your favorite or "buddy"...as they say.  You and Avery seem to buddy up the most, especially when we are out with friends she usually is the one to look out for you.  You love to be included in whatever they are doing and are usually ready and willing to go along with their plans.  Just last week, I caught them pouring watering cans of cold water on you outside.  You were fully clothed and soaking wet and they were adamant that you wanted to play that game.

You still love all things babies and usually carry one where ever you go.  Your favorite is Kensley's bitty baby that you seem to have adopted as your own.  You love to play outside, swim, go to the park, play with friends and sing and dance.  You like to read books and watch tv or "moo-mies" (as you call them).  You are very specific and know exactly what you want to watch or read.  You are also getting to be very independent.  We hear "I do it" often and you usually swat away our hands as we offer you assistance.

As much as I love the fun stage you are in, I forgot how exhausting two year olds can be.  You assert your opinions often and tantrums seem to come on quick...the throw yourself on the floor and scream kind.  You are also picking up on your sisters antics and now can be known to ask "why?" when asked to do something.
 
We love you so much, Maddycakes!  Happy 2nd birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment