I can't believe our last baby is officially 2.5 years old! It feels like time is flying by and Maddy is growing up overnight. She is at a really fun AND tough stage. The 2's have been the hardest yet with her. We have reached the screaming and hitting stage. None of the other girls were hitters so this is new for us. Usually when she is mad and doesn't get her way, she will hit. Her sisters take the brunt of it, but she has branched out to her cousins and also me. Needless to say, she's seen her fair share of timeouts and spankings/swats.
As challenging as she's been lately, she's also so funny! She is our family comedian and is constantly trying to make everyone laugh. She is talking like crazy and knows exactly what she is trying to say...even if it doesn't always come out clearly. She also seems to have one volume...loud!
She doesn't really like to be alone and seems to be used to always having a playmate. When her sisters are gone, she usually wants to be near me or at least aware of where I am. She continues to love her baby dolls, coloring, playing outside, getting into her sisters' things, all things Frozen and watching TV. She is way more into TV that either of the girls were at this age and requests to watch it often. She continues to love her sisters and her cousins. She is obsessed with her little cousin, Emery and loves to give her hugs and kisses.
Over the past few months she has been able to do a little gymnastics class with our MOPS group. She LOVES it and calls it "her nastics class". She's spent so much timing watching her sisters do the fun stuff and she loves to be involved now. She's caught on quick and I look forward to the Fridays when we get to go to her class!
She continues to be a pretty good eater. Her favorite foods are mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, French friends, strawberries, boo-nanas (I hope she never says it right), waffles, peanut butter and jelly, pizza, donuts, apple juice and ice cream.
We hope to start potty training soon. She seems interested in it and often tells us to change her diaper...especially when she goes #2. I am hoping she catching on easily as I am dreading the process. I just registered Maddy for preschool next year and it seems so hard to believe. When you ask her if she wants to go to school she says "Yes!" really enthusiastically.
We had Maddy's well check yesterday and the doc said she looks great! She is growing like a weed and has surpassed her sisters at this age. Her stats are:
Weight: 29 lbs (54%)
Height: 35.5 in (51%)
Somewhat different than with her sisters at this age, she doesn't tell us she is a big girl but rather a baby. I am sure I am to blame for that as I tend to call her "baby". She tends to use it as an excuse now when I ask her to help with something. Me: "Maddy, can you help me clean up?" Her: "No, I baby. I too yittle."
We are so thankful for this girl and can't believe she is already 2.5 years old! Happy half birthday, Madelyn Joy!
We had Maddy's well check yesterday and the doc said she looks great! She is growing like a weed and has surpassed her sisters at this age. Her stats are:
Weight: 29 lbs (54%)
Height: 35.5 in (51%)
Somewhat different than with her sisters at this age, she doesn't tell us she is a big girl but rather a baby. I am sure I am to blame for that as I tend to call her "baby". She tends to use it as an excuse now when I ask her to help with something. Me: "Maddy, can you help me clean up?" Her: "No, I baby. I too yittle."
We are so thankful for this girl and can't believe she is already 2.5 years old! Happy half birthday, Madelyn Joy!








No comments:
Post a Comment