The Roberts Family

The Roberts Family
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

16 weeks and updates...

Wow...16 weeks already! I know I say this often, but I can't believe how fast the past time is flying by. This 16 week milestone is definitely bittersweet and one that I was hoping wouldn't come for a while. 16 weeks (well more like 16 and a half weeks) marks the time when my maternity leave ends and I head back to work. I am so thankful for the time I've had to be home with Kensley these past 4 months. It's been so fun to spend quality time with her watching her grow and change so much everyday. I'm hoping it will be an easier transition for me with only going back to work part-time, but I have a feeling next week will be pretty rough all around.

Kensley's latest discovery is that she found her thumb! Jeremy and I have been hoping that she'd find her thumb for a while now (and even encouraged her to do so by placing it in her mouth) so that she could soothe herself when losing her pacifier during the night or naps. We think it's pretty cute when we come in to get her up from a nap or in the mornings and she's just laying in her crib sucking on her thumb waiting for us to get her. Here are a few pictures I caught of her sucking on her thumb.
This past weekend, Jeremy and I had a little belated Valentines weekend away. Nana and Grandpa Brauchler stayed with Kensley on Saturday and Sunday while Jeremy and I had a nice relaxing overnight away. We had a good time, but we were anxious to get home to our little girl. I'm not even sure she noticed we were gone...she seemed to have a lot of fun playing with Nana and Grandpa.

Family pic before Jeremy and I took off for the night.

Patiently waiting for mom to take her picture.

Hanging out in her chair while mom gets her clothes ready.


"You want me to wear that???"


Modeling her new swimsuit! Apparently she's not quite sure about it yet.

Should have turned off the flash, but it's still a cute picture.

Playing with her toy on the couch.

Hanging out in her Exersaucer. She's still getting the hang of it and doesn't realize yet that she can make all the toys move...she just likes to stare at them.

Taking a break to rest her head during tummy time.

"Hurry home, Daddy! I'm ready for my bath."

Apparently she thinks mommy is pretty funny.

1 comment: