The Roberts Family

The Roberts Family
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Happy Birthday Jeremy!!!! (just one day late)

We’ve been celebrating Jeremy’s birthday for the past few days, but yesterday was his official birthday. Saturday evening, Auntie Kym came and hung out with Kens so Jeremy and I could celebrate his birthday with a nice dinner out. Last night we celebrated daddy’s birthday for the first time as a family of three! It consisted of a delicious Pizza King dinner, followed by birthday cookie cake and relaxing on the couch. It was definitely a low key birthday, much different than the surprise birthday bash we had last year.

Jeremy's first birthday celebration with Kens.

Kens trying to eat the gift she got for daddy.

Happy Birthday, babe! We're so thankful for you and we love you!

******************************
Kensley is 5 ½ months old and is getting more fun each day. Her personality is really starting to come out and she is becoming more and more engaged in everyday life. She makes us laugh everyday and we can’t believe how big she is getting!

Last week I took her outside to experience the grass for the first time.

Relaxing on the blanket.

Checking out the grass....

She goes in for a handful...

Not sure what she thinks about it...

Jeremy and I like to call this picture..."probably not going to be a camper."

She was not thrilled about the grass. It was funny because she immediately calmed down when I picked her up...drama queen.

************************************

Kensley is still a rolling machine in her crib. It’s a rare occurrence when we lay her down for naps/bed and she goes right to sleep. She keeps herself awake by rolling over, playing with her pacifier, pushing herself up and talking to herself. Kens can lift her head, neck and shoulders so far up that she can peek over the top of her bumper pad. She’ll often lift her head and look for us over her bumper. The other day I came in to get her up from a nap and she was licking the crib railing at the top of her bumper…I couldn’t believe she could reach that high. It looks like it will soon be time to lower the crib mattress before she can figure out how to pull herself up.

Sweet pic of Kens sleeping. She fell asleep mid-roll.

*********************************

And lasty, h
ere are a few pictures from last week.

1 comment:

  1. I Love your "Probably not going to be a camper" comment. Laughed out loud!!!! Miss you. We need a phone date!!!

    ReplyDelete