The Roberts Family

The Roberts Family
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 9, 2011

17 weeks...

Well I figured I should start documenting this pregnancy so baby #2 has something to look back on like Kensley does.  We are now officially 17 weeks and I honestly feel like the past few weeks have flown by.  I'm guessing this pregnancy will go by faster than Kensley's, as we don't seem to have much time to think/talk about it.

I am slowly starting to feel better. I feel as though I now have the second trimester energy burst which is very welcomed.  I'm still experiencing some morning sickness; however it typically hits later in the evenings.  I'm hoping it will be completely gone before too long.  I've started to get some headaches (which I did also with Kensley), but I can usually head them off with some Tylenol. 

At 15 weeks, I started to feel the baby move.  This was earlier than I experienced with Kensley so I was pretty shocked that I was feeling movement so early.  Also I haven't just been feeling little flutters, but rolling, pushing and light kicks.  This definitely makes all the physical symptoms mentioned above seem so worth it.  Jeremy has also already been able to feel the baby move which is fun for him.

I seem to be having more consistent pregnancy cravings than I had with Kensley.  With Kensley, it was more just food aversions, but not necessarily always craving the same things.  With this baby, I tend to want more salty/crunchy things.  I have had the quintessential pickle craving and am proud to say we just bought the large value size container at Costco.  I'm afraid at how quickly I will go through that container (I'm sure Kensley will help me as she is a pickle lover as well).  I've also been craving fruits and fruit juices (unfortunately I go through OJ and CranApple juice much faster than I like to admit).  Ok enough talk about food...it's making me hungry. :)

All in all, we are so excited about this baby.  Things seem much more up in the air this time around...with planning I mean.  We seem to have the attitude that we'll figure things out as we get closer (what we need, new furniture, etc.).  For now, we're taking it a day at a time and enjoying our little family of three. 

We'll leave you with a picture of me at 17 weeks.  I don't tend to take too many pictures when pregnant (as we only have a handful from Kensley's pregnancy) so these will show up sporadically.  I do feel as though I started showing much earlier this time around.


 Stay tuned...we find out the sex of baby #2 in a few weeks.  We can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. Love the pic, although I looked that pregnant with Bella at like 5 min's pregnant. Craving fruit?? I had that big time with jensen so maybe a boy??? :)
    I have done next to nothing with this pregnancy compared to with Jensen i.e. pictures, documentation, scrapbook etc. UGH poor girl, hope we can make it up to her when she is born:). Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me...I feel a lot bigger than I look in this picture. I should have taken the picture at night instead of mid-morning. I swear my stomach expands like crazy throughout the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be very close to the timing of Scott and Rachel's baby! They find out boy or girl on Feb. 14th.

    ReplyDelete