Just a quick 7 week update on Avery for documentation sake. I've really been enjoying looking back at Kensley's weekly updates and comparing to Avery currently. Specifically it's been helpful to find out when we can expect to get more sleep!
Right now, Avery is quite the smiley little thing. As with Kensley, she seems happiest and gives the most smiles when she wakes in the morning. She will give us smiles and a few coos throughout the day as well whenever she is talked to. She smiles much more than Kensley did as we often had to really work to get her to smile.
We're still waking several times a night with Avery to eat. Saturday night seemed to be the roughest night we've had in a while as she woke 3 times (every 3 hours) to eat. Lately her pattern has been to wake 2 times a night to eat. I'm hoping as we start trying to get her on more of a schedule, we might be able to get some longer stretches of sleep at night.
Our little peanut is still wearing mostly newborn clothes and a few 0 - 3 month outfits. I'm noticing that her newborn onesies are looking a little snug so this might be the last of them.
Avery still prefers to be held and will often get upset if she's awake and lying by herself for too long. Fortunately, I've had some extra help and extra sets of hands so we've been able to take turns holding her. I'm afraid I'm going to have to break Aves of this soon, as I won't be able to hold her all the time when it's just me and the girls.
Right now Avery is still sleeping in the bassinet part of her pack-n-play (on her back), but we've experimented with putting her on her side to sleep in the top of her pack-n-play. We're also discovering that we might have another tummy sleeper. Avery typically takes her longer nap on her tummy next to us on the couch.
The biggest news for this week, is that little Avery got her first bottle. This past Saturday (just 1 day shy of 7 weeks), daddy gave her a bottle and she seemed to take right to it. It made me a little sad, but I am thankful that she took to it (for now at least) since we're planning a quick trip away this weekend.
Here are a few pictures of little Avery.
Avery still prefers to be held and will often get upset if she's awake and lying by herself for too long. Fortunately, I've had some extra help and extra sets of hands so we've been able to take turns holding her. I'm afraid I'm going to have to break Aves of this soon, as I won't be able to hold her all the time when it's just me and the girls.
Right now Avery is still sleeping in the bassinet part of her pack-n-play (on her back), but we've experimented with putting her on her side to sleep in the top of her pack-n-play. We're also discovering that we might have another tummy sleeper. Avery typically takes her longer nap on her tummy next to us on the couch.
The biggest news for this week, is that little Avery got her first bottle. This past Saturday (just 1 day shy of 7 weeks), daddy gave her a bottle and she seemed to take right to it. It made me a little sad, but I am thankful that she took to it (for now at least) since we're planning a quick trip away this weekend.
Here are a few pictures of little Avery.
![]() |
| Just lounging by the pool...she loves to be outside. |
| First bottle from daddy |
![]() |
| Couldn't resist snapping a picture with my phone after a middle of the night feeding...looking sweet and content. |





No comments:
Post a Comment