21 months old! Wow...Kensley is getting so close to the 2 year mark and I almost can't believe (nor do I want to!). I feel like I say this every month, but it's true...Kensley seems to be growing up so fast! Even my parents have commented on how much Kensley has changed in the past month since we've been here.
She continues to talk up a storm. From the moment we walk into her room to get her up until she goes to bed at night, she is constantly talking. She talks mostly in phrases now and a few sentences and for the most part can tell us exactly what she wants (although it sometimes takes us a minute or two to fully understand what she's saying). It's funny to me how much she retains and remembers.
Kensley continues to be our great little sleeper. She went through a little rough patch where she was waking a few times a night shortly before and after Avery was born, but she is back into her normal sleeping habits. In fact, most nights she is sleeping anywhere from 13 - 14 hours a night! Depending on the day, she typically is in bed between 7 and 7:30 p.m. and gets up anywhere from 8 - 9 a.m. She is also taking 1 nap a day in the afternoons that ranges from 2 - 3 hours.
Kensley's hair is going through a bit of an awkward stage (if you ask me). She is still sporting the mullet and we are holding off on cutting it until it gets a little longer (to even it out). The back of her hair is so long and it goes well past her shoulders when wet. For the time being (and for the sake of the heat), I try to pull it up as much as possible. I foresee a haircut in the somewhat near future.
As far as size goes, Kensley is wearing mostly 18 month and 18 - 24 month size clothes. She is now in size 4 diapers and has been for the last 3 weeks or so. Her shoe size varies depending on the brand, but she wears size 5 - 6 shoes.
Kensley's hair is going through a bit of an awkward stage (if you ask me). She is still sporting the mullet and we are holding off on cutting it until it gets a little longer (to even it out). The back of her hair is so long and it goes well past her shoulders when wet. For the time being (and for the sake of the heat), I try to pull it up as much as possible. I foresee a haircut in the somewhat near future.
As far as size goes, Kensley is wearing mostly 18 month and 18 - 24 month size clothes. She is now in size 4 diapers and has been for the last 3 weeks or so. Her shoe size varies depending on the brand, but she wears size 5 - 6 shoes.
Kensley is still pretty sweet with her sister and loves to kiss and hug her. She has a hard time understanding why Avery can't play with her and often tells her to "sit down" while she's playing. We've noticed a little bit of jealousy from Kensley here recently. When I'm feeding Avery or Jeremy is holding her, Kensley will often say "Avery all done" or "Avery down" meaning she wants us to pay attention only to her.
Kens continues to show an interest in the potty and has caught on that she is rewarded with an "m-m" when she goes. Today as soon as she heard a tinkle in the toilet she said "m-m"...smart girl. We haven't been pushing the potty training, but we continue to make a big deal and get excited when she goes. She tends to mix up #1 and #2 and calls both "poopy". She'll wake up from her nap and say "poopy" (when most often it's not) or will run to the bathroom and say "poopy" signaling that she has to go (and she will just tinkle). I bought some pull-ups for her as I was tired of taking her diaper off and on throughout the day. We'll see how those work. With how much we're lifting her on and off the big toilet, I'm really wishing we would have brought her little potty with us (it accidentally got loaded onto the truck and is now in storage).
Kens continues to show an interest in the potty and has caught on that she is rewarded with an "m-m" when she goes. Today as soon as she heard a tinkle in the toilet she said "m-m"...smart girl. We haven't been pushing the potty training, but we continue to make a big deal and get excited when she goes. She tends to mix up #1 and #2 and calls both "poopy". She'll wake up from her nap and say "poopy" (when most often it's not) or will run to the bathroom and say "poopy" signaling that she has to go (and she will just tinkle). I bought some pull-ups for her as I was tired of taking her diaper off and on throughout the day. We'll see how those work. With how much we're lifting her on and off the big toilet, I'm really wishing we would have brought her little potty with us (it accidentally got loaded onto the truck and is now in storage).
| Enjoying her m-m in her "big girl panties" (ie: pull-ups) |
| Pleased with her accomplishment |



No comments:
Post a Comment