Little, baby Avery is growing up so fast! This month she's gone from being a newborn to an interactive baby. She is SO smiley! Honestly, she just has to hear something talking "near" her and she breaks into a smile. It's the sweetest thing. I often have trouble getting her to eat at night as she just wants to chat (ie: stare at me and smile). I'm not sure that I've ever seen a more smiley baby.
Just as it doesn't take much to get her to smile, it also seems that she can get upset that easily as well. If you switch her into a new position and she doesn't like it, she'll let you know. If she wants to keep eating and doesn't want to stop and burp, she'll let you know. The other day I was talking to her and she was alternating between laughing one second and fussing the next...she didn't know if she was having fun or wanted to nap!
This past month, Avery rolled tummy to back. She's done this several times and even impressed the doctor with her skills while she was getting examined. Like Kensley, Avery's first roll in her crib was a little shocking for her. I heard her making noise and went to get her up from her nap and saw little feet kicking in the air as I went into her room. Her eyes were wide as she stared up at me trying to figure out what happened.
I wish we could say that at 4 months Avery is sleeping through the night, but unfortunately she's not. We have been trying different things and of course I have lots of theories...because there HAS to be a reason for it, right?! Last weekend Aves slept until 6:15 a.m. one morning and 5:30 a.m. the next. I had high hopes we were at the sleeping through the night stage, but Monday morning she was back to getting up again around 3:00 a.m. So, we're still hoping that any day she surprises us and sleeps all night!
Size wise, Avery seems to be growing out of her 3 month sleepers as she is getting too long. She is still wearing size 1 and 1-2 diapers, but as soon as we're through that stash she will move onto size 2. She is still wearing a few 0-3 month clothes, but mostly in 3 month and 3-6 month outfits. We are still going through LOTS of laundry as she is our spitter. She is going through tons of burp cloths and bibs on a daily basis. It's amazing how much more laundry I do by just adding one little person to our family.
Sweet Aves also started laughing out loud this month as well. It's so sweet to hear her little giggle. She is already ticklish and mostly grunts when I tickle her tummy.
Avery is loving her big sis. She looks around for her in the room whenever she hears her voice. She loves to watch her and lights up when she's talked to or kissed by her. It's sweet to see how taken she is by Kens.
We went to the doctor on Thursday and Aves did great despite being a little hungry. Lots of smiles and just a quick, short cry after her shots. The doctor said she looks great and of course we agree. Our little peanut is still living up to her nickname. Here are her stats.
Height: 23 3/4 inches long (38%)
Weight: 13 lbs (33%)
Head: 15.75 inches (25%)
Sweet Avery Leigh, we love you! Happy 4 months old!



No comments:
Post a Comment