The Roberts Family

The Roberts Family
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, December 16, 2011

Doctor and Stats...

After a suggestion from a nurse in our pediatrician's office, I scheduled the girls' latest well check visits at the same time (Kensley 2 years and Avery 6 months).  I have to admit I was a little nervous about how it would all shake out as I had visions of having to console two upset girls at the same time.  I'm happy to say, the appointment actually went very well (despite feeling pretty guilty, but more on that later).

Kensley did so good.  I was shocked at how brave and social she was to the nurses and doctor.  At one point in time, I even commented that I wasn't sure it was my child I was watching as she sat on the exam table, playing with the doctor's instruments, talking to her and even giggling.  She even went down the hall with the nurse by herself to get weighed and measured.  She didn't even look back as she left me in the room. 

Here are Kensley's 2 year stats:
Weight: 27 lbs (49%)
Height: 33.5 in (30%)

Avery also did quite well, despite the somewhat rough appointment/findings.  We quickly discovered that Avery has an ear infection in her right ear.  I was shocked and felt terrible that she's had this and has most likely been in pain.  The doctor assured me that all babies have different signs and symptoms and she is not the first baby where an ear infection has gone unnoticed.  She asked if she's had interrupted sleep, been fussy or less interested in eating.  Unfortunately those symptoms are pretty much Avery's "normal".  So little Aves, is now taking her first antibiotic.

We also found out that Avery is still our little peanut.  Actually she weighed in less than what the doctor would have liked to see at 6 months.  So she suggested we try upping the ounces in her bottle feedings when I am working.  They also said to add a pat of butter or oil to her solid foods.  Everything about that seems wrong to me, but they assured me it would be fine and would give her a few extra calories.

Aves finished up her exam with 2 shots and an oral vaccination.  After a short stint of tears and screams, she calmed down.  What a little trooper she was.  She even toughed it out and lasted without a nap as we made a brief stop at Target to fill her prescription. 

Here are Avery's stats:
Weight: 14 lbs 8 oz (17%)
Height: 25.25 in (27%)
Head: 16.5 in (29%)

No comments:

Post a Comment