The girls and I had a little vacation to Florida at the beginning of the month. I had to be in Tampa for a few days for work and since Nana and Papa are a short drive south of Tampa, we decided the girls would go with me. We had a great week, but wished daddy could have come with us.
We flew down on Wednesday, February 6th and I have to admit I was pretty nervous about flying by myself with both (very active) girls. They did surprisingly well for flying during naptime (in which no one took naps). Unfortunately we had a full flight so it was tough to keep Aves occupied and sitting down as we had someone sitting next to us. Kens watched a movie for the majority of the flight and did so well. She was so excited about the flight. Nana and Papa picked us up and after dropping me off at my hotel, they took the girls back down to Siesta Key for a few days.
I was done working early Sat morning so Papa came to get me and I was able to spend several days relaxing with my favorite girls. We had a great time swimming in the pool, playing in the sand, going out to dinners, getting ice cream, taking walks and Kens even got to go to the circus with Papa.
We flew back on Wednesday, February 13th and the flight home was a doosy. This was much more difficult than the way down. Again, we were flying during naptime and both girls were exhausted from the week. Fortunately, we had a row to ourselves so they could move around and play. We went through LOTS of snacks and I tried about every trick in the book to keep them occupied for the 2 hour flight. Avery was the tough one as she refused to sit hardly at all which made take off and landing rough as I practically had to wrestle her to hold her down in my arms. Wouldn't you know it, she fell asleep on me as we were taxing to the gate...what a stinker! I also got to experience my first airplane bathroom visit with both girls in tow (to change a dirty diaper I might add). Let's just say it was an experience and those bathrooms are tiny!
Here are a bunch of pictures from our week (as documented by my IPhone and a few from my parent's camera).
 |
| On the plane headed to Florida! |
 |
| Divas ready for the beach |
 |
| This girl loves to go out to dinner! |
 |
| Just chatting on our morning walk |
 |
| Dancing on the beach |
 |
| Her new fav...Superman ice cream |
 |
| Miss independent has to have her own bowl |
 |
| She won't let you help her on the stairs |
 |
| Finally cashed out as we were minutes from getting off the place. |
 |
| More ice cream |
 |
| Ice cream with Nana and Papa while Mommy was working |
 |
| She loved her new floaties. |
 |
| Circus tricks with Papa |
Thanks for a great week, Nana and Papa!
No comments:
Post a Comment