The Roberts Family

The Roberts Family
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, July 15, 2013

Madelyn: 1 week old...

It's so hard to believe that a week has gone by and Madelyn is officially 1 week old.  It's also crazy to think that she's not even supposed to be here yet as her due date was next Monday, July 22nd.
 
Maddy's 1 week birthday also coincided with my first day alone with the girls...all three of them!  I am happy to report that we all survived and it surprisingly went better than expected.  After 5.5 weeks of bed rest, I was up for just about anything...regardless of how much effort was involved. 
 
I've been telling the girls for several days now that we're going to have lots of "girls days" and kept asking them what all they wanted to do.  I figured we'd try anything once and determine what exactly is doable with two toddlers and a newborn.  We ended up going to the pool this morning for about an hour.  The rule was that we had to stay in the kiddie pool as Mommy is unable to swim yet and we of course had Maddy with us.  I also consider it a small victory that I managed to get everyone fed (multiple meals), napped (all four of us), dinner and cookies made with minimal tears and fights today.
Maddy lounging at the pool while big sisters swim
 The past week also brought lots of first for Maddy.  Here are a few in pictures...
 
First trip to the park on Wednesday (after getting home from hospital)
First doctor visit.  This is her relaxed face after she projectile pooped on me at the beginning of her appointment.
Stats at 4 days old:
Weight: 6 lbs (7%)
Height: 18.75 in (20%) - This was definitely off as she was longer at birth.
Head: 12.5 in (1%)
First boat ride
First dinner out with Mommy & Daddy (PS...the bib was just for picture sake to show the girls)
 Other outings not pictured: trips to the pool (3 this week!), walks with Mommy (two times), several trips to the park and her first picnic.
 
And just because she's cute...a few random pictures and first captured smirk.

I can already tell time is going to fly by too quickly with our sweet girl. 
Happy 1 week, Maddy Joy!


No comments:

Post a Comment