Wow....I honestly can't believe that we are down to less than a month and really only a matter of weeks before we welcome a new little girl to our family. It just doesn't seem possible that it's almost June already!
Ironically, we seem to get busier as we approach our due date. I remember the weeks leading up to Kensley's birth. It seemed to be such a waiting game. I felt like we had everything ready...the nursery set up, clothes washed, hospital bag packed, carseat installed, etc. and we were just waiting on the baby. Now, we are scrambling to get the basic things ready...washing clothes and finding the basic baby gear (which seems to be buried in our attic). No nursery this time around, especially since we are moving shortly after baby girl arrives. I've told myself that her room will be one of the first one's I do in our new house to make up for not having a decorated nursery in this house.
I had my (almost) 37 week appointment on Friday...really was only 36 weeks and 5 days. That appointment revealed that I am progressing much faster than we had anticipated. Last week I was 1 cm dilated and this week I am already 3 cm and 50% effaced. My doctor seemed to think, she could see me again at anytime. Reality seemed to really set in after that appointment and we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
I had my (almost) 37 week appointment on Friday...really was only 36 weeks and 5 days. That appointment revealed that I am progressing much faster than we had anticipated. Last week I was 1 cm dilated and this week I am already 3 cm and 50% effaced. My doctor seemed to think, she could see me again at anytime. Reality seemed to really set in after that appointment and we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Physically I am feeling pretty good. I'm starting to feel more sore in the evenings as my stomach continues to expand. My heartburn and asthma seem a little better as the baby has since dropped and made a little more room around my rib cage. I am definitely feeling more tired these days, but I think that is attributed to more than just being pregnant...we have a lot going on and extra stress with our house situation.
Kens continues to be pretty oblivious to the fact that she will soon have a sister. She still gives the baby (my tummy) kisses, hugs and shares lots with her. We talk about "sissy" and we've been trying to get her to say her name (I probably shouldn't say that as our parents will now try to coax it out of her). She refers to my tummy as "sissy" and it's so cute to hear her say it. We're excited to see her in a big sister role and know that she will be very interested in the baby (however that might wear off when she realizes the baby is not leaving).
We are so excited to meet this little girl! We often talk about what she will look like and wonder what kind of baby she will be. We will soon find out!
We managed to once again miss taking a picture at 36 and 37 weeks so we'll shoot for a comparison picture at 38 weeks.
We are so excited to meet this little girl! We often talk about what she will look like and wonder what kind of baby she will be. We will soon find out!
We managed to once again miss taking a picture at 36 and 37 weeks so we'll shoot for a comparison picture at 38 weeks.



oh, fun times! but there is that light at the end of the tunnel! I must say, I'm a bit jealous...i've made zero progress in the whole baby department! But, best of luck...and hope it's a quick, safe and as pain-free as possible labor/delivery for you!!!
ReplyDelete