The Roberts Family

The Roberts Family
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Kensley: 22 Months Old...

Kensley Elise is 22 months old!  She continues to talk up a storm and is mostly using full sentences now.  It's so fun as we are able to carrying on conversations with her.

The biggest thing for Kensley this month (with the exception of moving into a new house) is that she started "school".  Kensley is going to a program called God's Kids at our church every Tuesday from 9 am - 2 pm.  There are 8 kids in her class, including herself.  We think she is really going to enjoy the social interaction with all her new little friends.  Her first day went great...minimal fussing at drop off and only teared up during rest time as she was unsure of the cot situation.  We were glad that her first day went so well; however I was a little sad that she went in so easily!  Our little girl is growing up too fast!

Excited about her first day!
Showing off her new lunchbox from Aunt Kym
Cheese!
 Kens is doing great at our new house.  Whenever we drive into our neighborhood Kensley says, "I see my new house".  It's so cute.  She has adjusted well to her new bedroom and is sleeping great for naps and bedtime.  Once we get her new room painted and all put together, we'll post some pictures.

Kensley seems to be enjoying her roll as big sister.  She likes to talk to Avery and "read" books to her.  The other day I caught her trying to pick Avery up out of her bouncy seat.  Fortunately Avery is too heavy for her to pick up, but she did move her to the side...glad I caught her when I did.  We still see some signs of jealousy when Kensley wants our undivided attention.  She'll tell us (our her grandparents) to put Avery down because she wants to play.  Sometimes when I talk to Avery, Kens will say "No, mama, no" and move her hand back and forth...signaling to quit talking to Avery.
 
Our little Munchkin is growing up way too fast!  We love you sweet, Kensley Elise!

No comments:

Post a Comment