The Roberts Family

The Roberts Family
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, September 17, 2012

A few funny things...

Because this is my "scrapbook" and I want to remember things that Kensley and Avery are  saying and doing these days, I thought I'd do a quick post including some funny and random things.

Kensley has coined the word "last-mornin"...as in things happening 2 hours ago, yesterday or 2 months ago.  She still has a hard time grasping "time" and this "word" tends to apply to anything in the past.  It's so funny to hear her use it.  She also sometimes uses "to-mornin" as well for anything in the future.

Kens is still working on counting and tends to get a little mixed up in the teens.  She does great until about thirteen or fourteen and then throws in an "eleventeen" into the mix...twelve, thirteen, fourteen, eleventeen, eighteen....ha!

Kensley has taken to "mothering" Avery (poor girl always gets told what to do).  It's funny to hear everything she says to Avery, it's like a parrot repeating back everything we tell her to do.  "Avery, you have two options.  Here are your options..."

Kens also still frequently calls Avery "sweetie".  It's so cute to hear her say it.  "Here you go, thweetie..."

While cleaning the bathrooms last week, Kensley asks "Why are you cleaning the toilet, Mom?  Is someone coming over tomorrow?"  Uh oh...busted!  I quickly reassured her that no, no one was coming over and I do clean more than just when we are having guests.  I can already imagine the things she'll one day tell her Kindergarten teacher.

Whenever we say, "Who wants to eat dinner/have a snack/go outside...etc."  Kensley always says "Meeeee!" with her hands in the air.  Avery has started doing this now as well and it's so cute.  She puts her hands up and says "eeeeeeeeee".

Kens was in a whiny mood the other night and we asked her if she wanted to go to timeout.  The next thing we know, we hear Avery say "eeeeeeee" as she throws her arms in the air and heads over to the designated timeout spot.  She just sat down with her back against the door and had a proud look and little smirk on her face.  It was so funny!  I have a feeling timeout may never be a punishment for Avery if she continues to think it's fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment