The Roberts Family

The Roberts Family
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Random...

A random post with lots of random information for the blog book.

TRAVELS
Almost two weeks ago, the girls and I headed over to Ohio to visit the Lindvalls.  Nana and Papa were able to make the trip over with us, which was great as I wasn't sure I could manage the trip alone with all three girls.  The girls had a great time playing with their cousins!  Kens was able to attend Elli's dance class with her and they had a ball!  Unfortunately our trip was cut short as the girls (Kens & Aves) came down with fevers and we decided to head home early Friday morning. 




SICKNESS
 Since our trip to Ohio we've been passing around this sickness (congestion, coughing, runny noses, fevers, etc).  We thought we were on the mend at the end of last week.  Unfortunately Friday night we made our first trip to the ER with Avery.  She woke up around 8:30ish and was struggling to breathe/cough.  We started to panic when after a few minutes she wasn't getting better.  After talking with the pediatrician, she guessed it was croup and thought it was a good idea for us to go get checked out.  So I took her to a local ER and it was determined she had croup.  She had a breathing treatment and steroid shot which seemed to help her right away.  If you ask Aves about her trip to the ER (ie: doctor), she will tell you about the shot she got "in her tushy".  However it's quickly followed by "Me feel better!" (imagine her voice raising an octave as she says it though).

COMPETITION
Kens and Avery seem to be in a pretty competitive (with each other) stage right now.  I have a feeling that it has something to do with the addition of Maddy as they haven't shown much jealousy towards her.  There are of course daily fights about different things, but the most consistent and craziest is 'who sits where'.  As in, if one person sits next to mom/dad the other one has to as well.  And of course it's not as simple as that, they fight over WHICH side they want/get to sit on.  I wonder how long before this fizzles out and we have to BEG them to sit by us?!

FUNNY
So Kensley often uses Avery's full name whenever she gets after her about something..."Avery Leigh, don't do/touch that..."  Avery quickly caught on and she often addresses Kensley as "Sissy eee (Leigh)".

Avery is talking up a storm these days and stringing lots of sentences together.  She's still not using her pronouns correctly, but I feel as though it makes everything she says a little cuter (again cute when you're 2...not when you're 10).  Some of my favorites, "Me funny."  "Me silly."  "No me stinky".

As I've mentioned before, Kensley has quite the imagination.  Avery is starting to "pretend play" as well and it's so funny to hear the things they come up with together.  A couple months ago they starting talking about the "word of God" (as in the song the B-I-B-L-E..."I stand up on the word of God") as an imaginary friend that shows up quite frequently.  Avery would always ask Kens "Word of God here?"  It's the funniest thing and they talked about it nonstop on our vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment