The Roberts Family

The Roberts Family
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Such a big girl!

Our little girl is continuing to grow. I use the term "little" lightly as Kensley is now 12.5 pounds and 22 3/4 inches long. She is in the 83rd percentile for weight and 60th percentile for height. The doctor said she is perfect and we could not agree more. :) She did great getting examined by the doctor...she just laid still and stared at the doctor while she was getting checked out. She must have enjoyed that personal attention! However, she did not enjoy the shots that followed. She got 3 shots and an oral vaccination. It was definitely rough and mommy is not looking forward to the next set of shots in 2 months! Kensley was a little fussier than normal last night and pretty tired. The doctor said that we could give her some baby Tylenol last night as that might help. Kensley unfortunately inherited my distaste for medications and also my gag reflex. She did not like the Tylenol and I'm not sure much even made it into her system as she spit a lot of it out. I'm remembering everything my sister and I put my mom through with taking medications and have a good feeling Kensley will be following in her mother's footsteps. The shots must have been pretty traumatic and exhausting for Kensley as she slept for a long time last night...going down at 8:30 p.m. and not waking up until 5:45 a.m. to eat and then sleeping until 8:30 a.m. I'm hoping this pattern continues!

Here are a few cute pictures of Kensley that I caught yesterday (obviously prior to the doctor visit).

No comments:

Post a Comment